The Magistrate Court, also known as the Municipal Court, hears the following types of cases:
- Misdemeanor criminal conduct that occurs within the Prescott Valley Town limits, such as assault, trespass, disturbing the peace, domestic violence, and Town Code violations
- Criminal and civil traffic offenses
- Limited juvenile matters
- Petitions for Orders of Protection and Injunctions Against Harassment
The Magistrate Court recognizes deferral programs such as Defensive Driving School (DDS); pre-trial diversion and delayed entry of judgment programs are available in specific cases as a motivational tool for a Defendant to have no further contact with the legal system. Programs such as TASC, substance abuse/alcohol, misdemeanor marijuana, anger management, domestic violence treatment, and shoplifting diversion are utilized by the Court. The Magistrate Court also works closely with other courts. After-hours court proceedings are considered on an as needed basis.
Court Ordered Financial Obligations
If you are required to pay fines, penalties, fees or other financial obligations as a result of a judgement of this court and you are unable to pay, bring this information to the attention of court staff or the judge because payments over time or other alternatives may be available. Do not ignore your responsibility to pay, as this may result in additional penalties and costs to you. For more information, contact the court or an attorney.
The court offers the following payment options:
- In person: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- By mail: 7501 E Skoog Blvd, 1st Floor, Prescott Valley, AZ 86314
- Over the phone: 928-772-8277
- Online: www.azcourtpay.com
Media Coverage of Court Proceedings
Anyone who wishes to use a camera or take photos in Magistrate Court must have the permission of the Court in advance. Permission is granted on a case-by-case basis.