Public Art Exhibit
About the Exhibition Program
Professional or amateur artists working in 2 or 3 dimensional media are invited to apply to the Town of Prescott Valley Public Art Exhibition Program. The display is located on the 1st and 2nd floors of the Public Library. Attachments for hanging are already secured in walls. Exhibits are scheduled for 30 to 60 day periods. More than 1 artist’s works may be exhibited at a time.
- Professional or amateur artists working in 2 or 3 dimensional media (video is not accepted)
- All two-dimensional work must be mounted or framed and ready to hang
- Wire must be mounted approximately 1/3 of distance from top of frame
- No saw tooth or cloth hangers
- All three-dimensional art must fit within the supplied display cases located on the first floor of the Library
Selection Process & Review Criteria
The Town of Prescott Valley will jury submissions. The jury will select artists whose work reflects the history, and artistic, cultural, and natural diversity of the region. Selection of work will be based upon artistic excellence. Compatibility with surroundings and appropriateness for display in a public building are paramount. All artwork must contain text, or graphics, or both, that are suitable for display in a public building frequented by persons of all ages. No works that depict nudity, sexual acts, profanity, or obscenity will be selected.
Sale of Artwork
Participating artwork in the Prescott Valley display is permitted to be sold if designated by the displaying artist / owner / curator. Artwork sold during the agreed exhibition period must remain on site for the duration of the exhibit and will be labeled as “sold”. All sales of active displays will be conducted by the Parks and Recreation Director with the understanding that 20% of the sales total will be donated to the Arts and Culture Commission in support and expansion of the art display program at the Town of Prescott Valley.
All work must be original and created solely by the artist. Jury has the right to select quality work that they deem competent and in compliance with the standards for acceptance and exhibit guidelines for the display, which presents an interesting variety of subjects and media, and is acceptable for viewing by the citizens of all ages. Artists should send:
- Completed Prescott Valley Exhibition Art Display application
- CD with annotated image list, or 5 inch by 7 inch photos of each proposed work (3 - 5 angles) with artists name, title, medium, size and description
- Resume detailing exhibition history, and / or artist statement
- Self-addressed stamped envelope for return of slides or CD
- Do not staple any of your materials, and white paper only, please
- Please see the Schedule of Themes for the current year under the Forms section on this page
The artist agrees to allow the Town of Prescott Valley imagery and submitted materials for the purpose of promotion and publication of the exhibition and the Prescott Valley Arts and Culture Commission. Submission of 1 application constitutes agreement and compliance with the policy, guidelines and rules established for the program.