Owner-Occupied Housing Rehabilitation
If you own your home in Prescott Valley and need help paying for repairs, the Owner-Occupied Housing Rehabilitation (OOHR) program might be able to help.
The Town of Prescott Valley’s Community Development Department gets grant funds from the Arizona Department of Housing to pay for home repairs that maximize safety and energy efficiency. The program assists lower-income households with needed repairs and helps preserve the town’s housing stock.
You might be eligible if:
- Your house is a single family house (site built or manufactured home) and you live there full time,
- Your house is within the Town of Prescott Valley,
- Your total household income is less than 80% of Yavapai County median income,
- The value of your house is less than 95% of the Yavapai County median home value,
- You don’t have a reverse mortgage, and
- You’re current in paying your mortgage, homeowners insurance, and property tax.
Here’s how the OOHR program works:
- Community Development receives an application and determines the household is eligible to participate in the program.
- A Town of Prescott Valley building inspector inspects the house, listing safety and energy efficiency problems that need to be fixed.
- Community Development has a licensed contractor make the repairs and pays the contractor directly.
- The homeowner agrees stay in the house for a certain number of years after the repairs are done (this varies from 5 to 15 years, depending on the total cost of repairs). If the homeowner stays in the house for that amount of time, he or she does not have to pay for the repairs. If the homeowner sells or rents the house before the required time period is over, he or she would have to pay back a portion of the repair cost to the Town of Prescott Valley.
Download an OOHR application form and return it to the Town of Prescott Valley Community Development Department on the 2nd floor of the Civic Center, or mail it to: Town of Prescott Valley Community Development, 7501 E. Civic Circle, Prescott Valley, AZ 98314. For more information on the program call 928-756-3058.